Uses of Socks for Newborn Babies
Safety is an important aspect of parenting a newborn baby. An infant’s body is sensitive to temperature changes, and it’s crucial to maintain a stable temperature when dressing them.
Why does your baby need to wear socks? Whether you’re wearing them or giving them to your baby, Socks can help with three main uses::
- Keeping the baby warm
- Keeping them from injuries
- Protecting them from bacteria and germs
1. Socks Keep Your Baby's Warm
Do you know that babies need to be warm? Even when they are born in the summer, newborns need warmth. They can’t produce more body heat yet even when their surroundings are warm. Keeping your baby warm is essential to keep them healthy. The temperature of a baby's room should be at least 20 degrees Celsius, but it is not enough for some babies since they don't have body hair to protect them from cold air. That is why they need to put on baby socks to keep their feet and body warm..
2. Socks Keep Your Baby Away from Injuries
As parents, the health and safety of your children should be the priority. You should always make sure that they are safe in their surroundings. Having socks on your baby can protect them from injuries. Socks provide all-around protection for your baby's delicate, sensitive skin from damage. They are also essential to prevent overheating in hot climate areas or exposure to cold drafts in a cold atmosphere.
3. Socks Protect Your Baby from Bacteria and Germs
Socks protect your baby's feet from getting bacteria. They are the perfect protector for your baby's feet during diaper changes. Foot protection is crucial when changing diapers because babies put their feet in there with poop and urine. But these days, it's not just about keeping the nasty germs off your infant's hands and face, but also their tiny toes. Babies touch more surfaces with their mouths than with their hands and are more prone to bacterial infections, so it's best to keep them safe and protected.
Why Cotton Socks are the Best for Newborn Babies
Newborn will require thicker socks designed for colder weather in cold climates while in more hot climates, thinner socks will do well. So cotton socks are the best socks for your newborn if you live in a country like the Philippines. Here are some reasons why cotton socks are the best socks for your newborn:
- A baby’s feet are much smaller than an adult’s feet; the best choice for a baby is to wear cotton socks.
- Cotton socks will keep the wearer comfortable because cotton absorbs moisture and provides insulation.
- Cotton socks allow airflow to the area and keep it dry, which helps prevent the condition.
- Cotton socks are the best choice for newborn babies because they protect their skin from being irritated and over-sensitive.
Darlington cotton socks for newborns come in a variety of colors and styles that appeal to adults and babies. We have various colors and styles to choose from. Here are the best Darlington cotton socks for your newborn: